The club opened it's premises situated in Tarcutta Street just off the Sturt Street corner and opposite the law courts complex. The building had formerly been the National School, erected 1861 and used to 1871 when it was closed and the site sold. John Cox bought the block and in 1873 sold the former school building to Dr O'Connor to occupy his premises in return for an annual rental of 100 pounds. By this time O'Connor owned the whole block along Tarcutta Street from Sturt Street to the Police Reserve and had erected several rental cottages on the site in the mid-1870s. O'Connor duly vacated the Club premises and moved next door into one of his other buildings.